RE: wheel swap

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@directvinternet.com)
Date: Fri Dec 27 2002 - 10:12:00 EST

I have had R/T wheels on my '96 in the past. Got rid of the truck and
now I have it back so they are going on again. I have pictures of it
with them on it. Have to use at least a 1/4" spacer and either longer
studs or specialty lug nuts. Spacers have to be made and the lug nuts
can be purchased. There are some who have put them on without the
spacers but that requires grinding down the upper a-arm a lot and not
being able to use the R/T center caps. Currently I run the stock
255/55/17's on the wheels but I may go with a slightly smaller tire at
least in the front since they tend to rub just a little bit at full lock
and they will slightly rub the top on the inside part of the wheel well
if you hit a hard bump. No damage just a very slight rub. You do have to
bang out the rear part on the inside wheel well right at the bottom
almost to the back to clear the tires. Cannot be noticed by anyone and
the tires don't rub after doing it. Just need to be moved about a 1/2"
to an 1". Probably a good idea to send the pics to Jon to just go ahead
and post in the pictures section.

Jeff Durling