Re: Re: Re: Tapping noise? - DAKSY

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Dec 31 2002 - 09:36:09 EST

Hey Bob!!
The procedure for adjusting "RICKER" arms is very different from rocker
arms. They are not to be confused. First, you need to realize what the
ricker arm does. You see, unlike the rocker arms that push the valves open,
the ricker arms don't really do too much. Basically they just keep the
rocker arms in line. That way whenever the rockers get noisy (tapping
noise) the ricker arms tighten the rockers up and quiet them down. To
adjust the ricker arms, all you have to do it put them in the correct spots
over the rockers and tighten the everlasting sh*t out of them. Done. One
stop shopping. Sorry I forgot to include these procedures Bob, I hope this
helps. If you're still having problems with that noise, just check the
exhaust bearings, sometimes they can be the culprit as well.

HTH!!!
-Josh