Gas Pumps WAS: Re: Cleaning of fuel injectors?????

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Jan 01 2003 - 10:38:51 EST

At 12:00 AM 12/31/02 -0500, you wrote:
>No, it's true. They don't even want you getting out of the car.
>I don't know if it's to protect people or what. -andy

My guess is that a number of fires have started when a person
pumping gas ignited the gas fumes via static electricity. CNN
showed a few clips of incidents which caught by the station's
security cameras (persons just engulfed in flames very suddenly).
Apparently, quite a few are in the habit of putting the pump on auto.
fill, climbing back into their vehicles and getting charged up with
electrons. Also, signs put up by the stations for people to touch
a spot and get rid of the electron charge are being ignored.

Bob