RE: Spark Plugs

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@directvinternet.com)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 11:14:09 EST

All I can say is when I had my '01 I tried the one heat range colder
ones I run on my '96 and they made it run a little rougher. The direct
replacement Autolites were a good plug though. They made the truck
actually run a little smoother than the Champions did most likely due to
the longer electrode. One thing I did notice in your post though. Do Not
run platinum plugs on the 4.7 or 5.7 for that matter. These are coil on
plug engines and the platinum plugs can burn out the coils over time.

Jeff Durling