Popping in corners

From: Jon (jonsdak@midmaine.com)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 15:31:53 EST

Hey all,
My dad wanted some sand for his driveway, as we're supposed to get more snow
tonight. He usually borrows my truck and gets some, but he's working today
and worried that it'll be snowing by the time he gets home, so he asked me
to go get it for him. No problem, so I go up to the town garage, one on the
officials is my neighbor, so he did me a favor and had a guy come out with a
bucket loader. He put maybe half a bucket into my bed (barely sagged my
Sport suspension), enough to make a nice, even taper of sandup the middle of
the bed, with equal room on each side. Now, however, as I drove home, I
noticed a popping noise on sharp corners (turning from one road to another,
mostly), just a quick, pop-pop, or pop-pop-pop that lasts through the corner
and disappears when the truck is heading straight again.
Once again, the suspension is hardly compressed so I doubt it's bumpstops or
anything like that, and nothing is rubbing when the truck's sitting still.
I know the truck's center of gravity shifts on corners, slightly tilting the
truck in the way of the corner, so I'm thinking maybe something on either
side, in the rear?
Do you have any ideas?
TIA,

--