390 stroker install target 1-20-03

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 21:28:55 EST

Hey all,

 Haven't had much time to write to the list lately, but the 390 project is
now in final stages. I have the motor completely assembled and have ordered
the tranny from APS presicion manf. They hope to have the tranny delivered to
the shop by 1-20-03. If all works out, the shop will have it installed that
week. I know several of you have asked me to keep you posted on the progress
and results. Thanks to all who have given me info and support (Bernd, Mark K,
and many others).
here are the current stats of what I'll have

'95 dak 2WD cc
390cid (blueprinted and balanced ---Hughes engines & Victory engine---)
9.55:1 comp
Hughes stage 2 R/T heads
Hughes Roller rockers
MP M-1 2bbl intake
Hughes stage 2 Throttle body
24# injectors (might switch to 28#)
DT headers
3" pipe with gibson flow-through muffler (no cat)
March Pulleys (aluminum)
K&N X-stream filter
APS precision trasmission (blueprinted and balanced)
  red eagle racing clutches
  Koline steels
  transgo stage 2
  no-flip servo
  HD intermediate band strut
  custom accumulator
 custom built 2400 stall APS BracketFighter converter
R/T rims with BFG DOT Drag Radials (275/40 r17) in rear and BFG G-force T/A
(245/40 r17) in front

   Next hurdle is the 8 3/4 rear and 1 piece aluminum shaft, since the 8 1/4
auburn will no doubt shatter into pieces with this setup.
   Then I'll put a custom radiator in the bed running dual electric fans to
displace som weight and lose some rotating mass.

Once the setup is in I'll try to locate a Dyno nearby and post the
performance stats.

John S