Street racing & Common sense or lack there of.

From: SEMIHEMI01@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 04 2003 - 09:40:50 EST

        I agree that anytime two or more vehicles try to out accelerate each
other it's racing. I'll make a run or two every so often on other guys but
I'd didn't live to be this old by being stupid. Safety first, No side
streets, no driveways, no traffic, no all out top end. Stupidity, lack of
common sense, poor judgment, lack of courtesy, and inattentiveness are the
cause on most accidents. Driving is a full time job, no time to look around,
read, talk on cell phone or comb your hair.
       The company I worked for, required me to take a 4 hour Defensive
Driving course yearly and I learned much, Has saved my butt many times. Most
states issure drivers licenses without requiring any of this. I think it
should be manditory.
       A Funny little Law a lot of states have, that most of us don't know
about. If you stop in the middle of a deserted road and light 'um up OR not
light 'um up & accelerate hard up to the speed limit and never exceed it. A
cop sees you, he can write you a ticket.
       THE LAW: "Excessive show of horsepower." It's a catch all law that
can get you anytime a cop has a bad day and wants to write a ticket. It's a
good thing most law enforcement officers don't know it's on the books either.
         "Sir Bill"

SEMIHEMI01@AOL.COM> KB SuperCharged, 4.7L, 2001, QC,
http://hometown.aol.com/semihemi01/index.html <or> http://southernmopar.org/