Re: DML Digest V5 #711

From: tkoth (tkoth@cox.net)
Date: Sun Jan 05 2003 - 09:32:34 EST

Ok, so you're saying that you would still recommend copper
over platinum for a stock engine. That is the opposite of
what was being recommended in mid 2000 on the list.
Basically you can get a tiny bit more power from the copper
plugs but they don't last as long as the platinum. So the
concesus was then that if your engine is stock and you want
longevity, go with platinum. But what I want to know about
is the source for the information that a couple people
stated that platinum plugs are BAD for the 4.7. I need to
know more details rather than just a statment that they're
bad for it. C'mon folks!!! Help me please!!!

Tim
2K 4x4 CC 4.7

------------

> Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 08:26:24 -0800
> From: "Saint" <saint1958@cox.net>
> Subject: DML: RE: RE: Re: Spark Plugs - 4.7ltr
>
> COPPER....DAMN COMPUTER!!!
>
> - ---------------------------------------------
> Steven St.Laurent
> 2003 Dodge Hemi 5.7 Ram Quad (15.6 sec @ 92 MPH)
> 2000 Dodge Dakota Hemi (Some idot hit the vehicle)
> 2000 Roush Ford TT-Mustang (1 of 2 beta vehicles)
> 1999 Chevy Astro (A.K.A. GM Junk)
> 1993 Geo Tracker (Amazing vehicle that keeps running)
> PROJECT CAR:
> 1992 Suzuki Swift GT (1775lb) Intercooled Turbo - 350HP
FY-03
> - --------------------------------------------------------
--------------------
> - ------------------
> Future Purchases:
> 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 with a V-10 (replace the Hemi)
> 2004/5 Dodge Hemi Durango (again for the wife)

Of Saint
> Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2003 8:06 AM
> To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
> Subject: DML: RE: Re: Spark Plugs - 4.7ltr
>

> The plugs cause no anomalies that I ever heard of.
>
> I would still recommend platinum over cooper for normal
stock motors.

> - ---------------------------------------------
> Steven St.Laurent
> 2003 Dodge Hemi 5.7 Ram Quad (15.6 sec @ 92 MPH)
> 2000 Dodge Dakota Hemi (Some idot hit the vehicle)
> 2000 Roush Ford TT-Mustang (1 of 2 beta vehicles)
> 1999 Chevy Astro (A.K.A. GM Junk)
> 1993 Geo Tracker (Amazing vehicle that keeps running)
> PROJECT CAR:
> 1992 Suzuki Swift GT (1775lb) Intercooled Turbo - 350HP
FY-03
> - --------------------------------------------------------
--------------------
> - ------------------
> Future Purchases:
> 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 with a V-10 (replace the Hemi)
> 2004/5 Dodge Hemi Durango (again for the wife)

Of tkoth
> Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2003 7:00 AM
> To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
> Subject: DML: Re: Spark Plugs
>

> Ok... now this is new to me. ( I was off the list for
almost
> 2 years fom early 2001 to a couple months ago)
> I have a 2000 4.7 4x4 and I switched to 5224 platinums at
> about 9k miles. They have been fine so far. The factory
> plugs were platinum and the owners manual recommends
> platinum. So what is this I now hear that they can cause
> problems? I must have missed a thread. My truck now has
40K
> on it and it still runs great. And I live in Phoenix... so
> there's no shortage of heat out here... Someone enlighten
> me please!!!
>
> Tim
> 2K 4x4 CC 4.7
>
> > ------------------------------
> >
> > Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 16:01:22 -0800
> > From: "Kevin Reimer" <kwreimer@msn.com>
> > Subject: DML: Re: Spark Plugs
> >
> > You can use the Autolites, I use them and they work
great
> in my Two Daks
> > with the 4.7. I use the 5224 non Platinum only. Do not
use
> Platinums in the
> > 4.7 because of coil on plug, heat problems..

times