RE: Mileage figures for 2002

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jan 05 2003 - 17:55:30 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net]On Behalf Of andy levy
Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2003 9:52 AM
To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
Subject: Re: DML: Mileage figures for 2002

Neil, is this corrected for the 32" tires you've got, or do you not use
those enough for it to make a big impact?

Andy,
The 32" Mud-Terrains were on from December 29, 2001 to April 10, 2002. The
indicated mileage was 1870 from January 1 to April 10, last year.
The correction factor for that period is 1.043. This factor was multiplied
by the miles traveled between fill-ups.
The corrected "miles traveled" was used to figure mpg until the tires came
off on 4/10. So the short answer to your question is yes it's corrected.
(:-)
The Mud-Terrains were on from July 4 through July 7. The miles accrued was
260, not enough to bother correcting especially considering the number of
hours in the woods idling or running in 4-LO.
The method for deriving the "correction factor" is to zero the trip meter at
a Thruway mile marker and then at a convenient number of miles down the
road, note the actual versus indicated. An example is: 60 actual miles
between mileposts, trip meter reads 57.5.

I haven't put the big tires on so far this season. I have 31" BFG
All-Terrains on the rear and they are so much better than the Goodyears on
wet or snowy pavement that I haven't needed the "big guys", and the
attendant noise and minor rubbing at full lock.
If I see a forecast for a storm like we had in March '99, I'll probably
reconsider.