Re: Checkmate tonneau cover owners

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 17:12:42 EST

"Jeff Durling" <jdurling@directvinternet.com> wrote:

: I had a Bedrug in my QC and had great success with it. One thing
: contrary to what Jon said. The Bedrug used a sort of foam rubber back
: that did not allow water through it. The water dried off the top. The
: reason was if the water seeped through it would sit in between the
: Bedrug and the bed and be a potential for rust. The Bedrug was able to
: be washed with a hose and if you left it in the sun for a few hours it
: dried right out. On my truck I had a bedcover that leaked a little in
: the corner. Yes a little surface mildew built up there but a quick wash
: and dry with the hose solved that. These covers are made for this type
: of use and really hold up well. After two years mine still looked brand
: new.

: Sorry Jon to disagree with you.

   WhyIaughta... I'm coming down there! ;-)

   Jeff has a point. If I had an open bed I would definitely go for
a rug that kept the water on top where it can dry out fast, but I'm not
sure about with a tonneau - I guess it would depend on the temperature and
weather, etc. I suppose it would depend also on wether you prefered
to drain the water or evaporate it. I haven't really given it more
than a casual thought, so I'm not sure which would be better. If on
top is the way Bedrug does it, that is probably the better way - one would
think they would have done their homework. :-)

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com ------. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | 70 Cuda, 90 Dak 'vert, 92 Ram 4x4, 96 Dak, 96 Intruder 1400, 96 FireFly | `------------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'