RE: Powertrax No-slip

From: Neal Arita (Neal@heide-cook.com)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 18:24:02 EST

Jayson,
In response to your question, I had the Powertrax in my '97 Dak and found it to be great on straight-away. Around corners the unit works like a locker when under load - both wheels turn at the same rate - which could easily put you in a tailspin on wet pavement and if the foot is too heavy. Tires squeal around corners.
If you are installing it in a 8.25 with no posi, you'd need to pull the axles, not the ring gear or drive gear.

Just my 2cents,

Neal Arita, from hawaii
'02, QC, 5.9L, Auto