Re: 1995 Heater Core

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 19:00:03 EST

Ok, let's see, how can I put this? Umm, Yes, you can do this yourself.
Uhh, NO it will not be easy to do. It is just like putting the one in my 96
Dakota. A MAJOR PITA!! Expect to waste a whole day the first time you do
this. If you would like, I can scan all the pages in my FSM for you so you
can get a better idea of what needs to be done. In a nut shell, drain
coolant, discharge a/c, pull the lower part of the dash (ashtray included!),
then drop out the "heater core/ac/a bunch of other stuff" box from under the
dash. I don't mean to make it sound difficult, it really isn't. It just
takes a while to get all the stuff taken out and moved out of the way to get
the box out. It can be done, but if you have a deep enough pocket you can
take it too a shop. If you have a free weekend, go for it! It is definately
an experience that shows the dc engineers have a sense of humor for us do it
yourselfers. ;o)

The other Will