My Annual Mileage Numbers

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 07 2003 - 09:38:51 EST

Here you go. These are my numbers from when I bought the truck at the end of
March until the end of the year.

Miles: 12,325
Gallons Of Gas: 894.08
Avg. Price Paid Total: $1.62
Avg. Price Paid 87 Octane: $1.52
Avg. Price Paid 93 Octane: $1.68
Mileage As Computer By PCM: 13.74
Mileage Computed Manually: 13.79

The PCM computes the mileage very accurately on this truck as compared to my
Ram. That truck was always off by .5 mpg, at least.

Other interesting tidbits. I ran 93 when I ran a Jet Chip. With that combo,
my mileage was .33 mpg HIGHER than running 87 octane and no Jetchip.

I've also run 93 octane for the last 7 tanks recently without a Jet Chip.
I've gotten only 12.96 mpg that way - although I have been running more 4wd
recently because of snow.

I typically drive probably more city than highway. I've gotten as high as
16.5 on a good long (250 mile plus) highway run. The worse mileage I get
when I drive all city tends to be around 12.5 mpg.

Bill White - http://www.bionicdodge.com

'02 Dakota QC 4x4, SLT +, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92 LSD
'95 Dakota CC 4x2, SLT, 318, 5 spd, 3.55 LSD