4.7 plugs Crysler Fuel System Cleaner service?

From: Sam Hotmail (samjperez@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 07 2003 - 10:58:31 EST

I decided to take the advice of the group and not go with platinum plugs but
rather just pulled a plug out and went down to AutoZone and cross referenced
the original plug number. Strange thing is that the number they showed in
their book was not the same that the original plug crossref'ed. Hmm So ended
up with the crossref'd plug since it matched the original the closest. The
Dak is running Champion plugs and after installation of the plugs it purred.

 Sad or ironic thing is that following plug installation the Crankshaft
position sensor start acting up. One day purred the next day was surging
idling rough and occasionally stalling out. Coincidental I think though had
given me some signs prior to plug swap that was the reason for plug swap.I
removed the sensor on Sunday all looked in order it is a closed type setup
so one of those replace and throw away.

Anyway just wanted to bring you guys up to speed on it. One question I do
have though dealer advised of a fuel injection cleaning they do $89.95
remove throttle body and put a machine on injector rails and run for an hour
, and add a fuel system cleaner. Any input on this service. I turned it down
since I have removed the throttle body myself and cleaned it and added fuel
system cleaner. Any one have any input on this service, seems like a gotcha
for those unsavy patrons who will do anything the dealer says because they
are the dealer they are all knowing. :-D Sometimes the dealer service guys
scare me

thanks all
Apologies for the length
Sam