Back from our trip

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 16:44:10 EST

Okay, we've been back in Toronto since Saturday night, so I guess I should
find the time to write a post to the list :-).

We had a great Christmas in Utah. As far as Dak toys, I got a Hi-Lift
jack (okay, it's the Harbor Freight brand, same thing though), and a
Rocknob (http://www.rocknob.com/homepg.html). My mom thought the Rocknob
was really strange, but I like it :-).

We had a fairly uneventful trip back, except for one rock chip in the
windshield (souvenir of Wyoming). The Dak performed flawlessly. It took
two and a half days to get back, taking the I-80 route due to the shorter
distance. My myth about I-70 getting better weather was dispelled by two
things: Colorado mountain passes, and checking the Weather Channel the day
after driving through Missouri to find that the highway was shut down for
tornadoes. Yikes.

I had been planning on being in touch via e-mail on our trip, until our
e-mail access died just before Christmas. It had been working fine, then
just quit. I have it set up so we can access our own computer through the
net to get to our regular home e-mail. I prefer this to using multiple
addresses like Yahoo or Hotmail. Unfortunately, there was nobody home to
figure out why our machine lost access to the Internet. The problem was
easily resolved when we got home: one of the cats had pulled the DSL phone
line out of the wall plug.

I'll post a follow-up later with the statistics from the trip computer and
GPS, for fellow nerds who enjoy that sort of thing :-).

As they say, it's always nice to go on trips, and it's always nice to get
back home. After we get settled back in, when's the next meet? The Auto
Show?

Jason Bleazard  http://www.bleazard.net  Toronto, Ontario