Re: RE: RE: Re: Bill-lug nuts

From: Iver Nielsen (StonieJr@glenniver.net)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 12:53:59 EST

I grew-up in an auto repair shop. It was my dad's LAW that no customer's
wheel lugs went out without Loctite. Not only does this ensure the lugs will
maintain proper torque, they come right off when the driver needs to change
a flat.

Loctite®. Blue. OEM specified as 242®. All-purpose, medium strength
threadlocker. Ideal for all nut and bolt applications 1/4" to 3/4" (6-20mm).
Eliminates need for stocking expensive lock nuts and lockwashers. Locks and
seals while preventing parts loosening due to vibration. Protects threads
from corrosion. Removable with hand tools for easy disassembly. Temperature
range: -65° F. to 300° F. Suggested applications: Valve cover bolts, water
pump bolts, oil pan bolts, drive shaft bolts, rocker arm adjustment nuts,
and carburetor studs.
Model #24206, 24240
SKU: 572268

I hope it works for you,