Re: truck sick : (

From: Tcanzano@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 22:57:24 EST

> well for a wee bit the truck has been running like crap, but I just ignored
> it, well today on the highway, while trying to climb a nice hill the truck
> has zero guts, I have the thing floored and can barely go 100K/hr.
>
> also the last few days the truck will not start on the first try, it turns
> over and stalls, I have to apply more gas to keep it running until its warm.
>
> I'm thinking its the cat! how much for a dealer installed
> cat?

It doesn't really sound like the cat. Especially since you are having problems on the initial start. To check to see if the cat is plugged, get a vacuum guage and hook it up below the butterflys on the throttle body. Watch the guage right away after starting. If the guage drops the longer the engine idles. It is a restriction/plugged exhaust (cat).