Re: Gen IV

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 21:25:10 EST

andy levy <andylevy@yahoo.com> wrote:
[...]
:>
:> Here is the picture again.
:>
:> http://users.erols.com/patrickandkelly/Gen%20IV/
:>
:> Patrick
:> patrickandkelly@erols.com
:>
: That is *not* the picture I saw yesterday. Anyone else?

  Same here - completely different vehicle. The one yesterday looked
Japanese or European and this one appears to be a PT Cruiser with
an F-150 bed attached to it.

  Methinks someone is having a little Photoshop fun with the DML. ;-)
Yesterday's was a better fake though. This one looks like the front
wheel was copied, sized down (a bit too much, BTW), and pasted with
some blurring and/or rubbing done to obscure the fact that it was
cut 'n pasted. The transition from the PT Cruiser to the pickup
bed in the rocker panel area is another giveaway. Not that I could do
any better mind you, its just something I picked up on. :-) I
didn't actually pull it into a photo editor myself, I just looked
at it in its original size on the web page. I suspect there are many
more clues that could be found if someone were so inclined.

  For the record, the photo that was up yesterday I think would be a
terrible Dodge vehicle - just doesn't have the vibe, and IMHO, was
a tad on the ugly side. Too "un-american". This PT based one I actually
like. :-) Would look pretty nice with a cage extending into the bed
and a pair of fat slicks.

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com ------. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | 70 Cuda, 90 Dak 'vert, 92 Ram 4x4, 96 Dak, 96 Intruder 1400, 96 FireFly | `------------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'