Re: need a Buffer.. please comment...

From: Gary Hedlin (ghedlin@theramp.net)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 23:44:57 EST

Well, there are alot of buffers, and each one has their own purposes.

The ones that a body shop uses (looks like an angle grinder) is used for
rubbing compound, glazing, and polishes. These are high RPM.

The ones you'll find at wall-mart and whatnot are low RPM machines. These
are for strictly waxing and polishes.

Ideally, you'd want a variable RPM buffer, but a good one is expensive, and
hard to find.

So, it all depends on what youre doing with it. As far as brands, I like
craftsman the best, but thats just my opinion.

One more tidbit. Theres a right bonnet for each job. The lambs woll
bonetts are for rubbing compounds, foam bonetts for polishing, and terry
cloth bonnets are for applying and removing wax. Using the wrong bonett can
do damage, trust me!

Hope I helped.

Gary Hedlin

in article b0022i$2vo$1@bent.twistedbits.net, "Eric Giblock" at