Re: Inline Fuses???

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 17:42:00 EST

If you think it was shorting out, some of the internal components were
probably toasted.. Check the power feed that is running to the head unit
with a voltmeter and make sure that 12V is being delivered at the very end
of that wire. If it is, then the problem lies within the head unit
itself. If that is the case, it's (obviously) long out of warranty and
much cheaper to buy a new one. If you're looking for just another am/fm
cassette player, they can be had for about $80 from Crutchfield, complete
with installation kit and adapter.

-Bill