RE: "heated" words over wood burning stove

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 10:29:06 EST

> -----Original Message-----
<snip>
> How do you heat a garage safely?
> Terrible Tom

I use a forced air kerosene heater (the cylindrical type, like a small jet
engine) and have never had a problem. I keep the garage door and a window
open an inch or so to provide fresh air and cross ventilation. (you don't
want to die from carbon monoxide either) As long as you have no fuel leaks
and provide for some fresh air I don't believe you'd have a problem.
Draining the tank is probably not a good idea as fuel vapors ignite more
readily than liquid fuel.

RayB