Re: need a Buffer.. please comment...

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 14:48:17 EST

I used to be head porter at a cer dealership on the south side of
Chicago...I've got lots of experiance with our friend the buffer. Here
goes. Buy a Milwaukee. Lifetime warranty, and you can replace the brushes
very painlessly when the wear. Since you have a black dak, I'd recommend
getting a high speed buffer (none of that random orbit stuff here) and that
way you can use it to compound as well as buff wax on or off. Just remember
to use the correct pad for each application. Oh, and if you use foam, it's
almost impossible to burn the paint.

--
-Josh
2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

""Eric Giblock"" <egiblock@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:b0022i$2vo$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > ok, my buffer died and i need a new one... i used to have a 10" orbital > buffer that i got from a friend, and that's about all i know about them... > > i've heard differnet things about buffers, that if you get a normal buffer > that spins, you can burn the paint, but it does a better job over the > orbital buffers... anyone comment on this ? > > also, what's a good brand/type.. i was thinking of just getting a cheapie > one from Autozone, but are there any favoriets or good brands to go with ? > i might hit up ebay for one. > > thanks for the help guys. > > -- > Eric Giblock > egiblock@gibsdakota.com > www.gibsdakota.com > >