Re: Inline Fuses???

From: UncleDuke (tmfu@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 20:00:38 EST

Chuck Jeter wrote:
> have a '95 Dak CC. It came with an AM/FM Cass. Which has now died. At
> first it started acting like there was a short of which I could not find,
> all of the fuses were good (that I could find). Are these units prone to
> fail or is there another fuse I missed? Any help is greatly appreciated!
> Thanks,
> Chuck

Some units are crap. Sometimes you get great ones, sometimes you get a
turd. I used to have a 95 CC v6 5spd. Is this problem occuring when you
are driving around(and it does it's thing when you hit a bump), or just
sitting there it goes out? If a fuse went you'd know it. It may be a
broken wire. What you can do it use a continuity tester(basically a
lightbulb with test leads) and test between the hot and ground and move
the wiring harness. If the light goes out or flickers then it is a wire
in the harness. But work your way along the harness. If you have the FSM
for the truck that'll make it easier to trace possible test points.

--
Greg
Dodge 2K1 Neon ES