RE: huge replies wasting bandwidth

From: tkoth (tkoth@cox.net)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 20:30:24 EST

You guys are missing the point. (And you'll probably miss it
again because you will probably just delete this post
without reading it)
The problem is for the people that subscribe in DIGEST MODE.
(like me) We have to page down through all the extraneous
blather that some folks don't take the time to delete from
their replies. It really gets to be a problem. I thought the
guy was being pretty nice.... as he explained, the one post
ended up being 25% of a single digest that was sent to us in
digest mode. What that amounts to is about 700 lines of text
that was posted to us for the 5th, 6th, 7th or more time. I
mean, we are just asking for a little common courtesy. This
issue comes up on every email list that allows both regular
and digest modes about every 8 to 12 months.

The latest rounds of topics that were the worst probably
should have been on the off-topic list. But no one has
complained about trying to send you there. All that was
asked is that the most basic of email etiquette be followed.
Heck.... look at the monthly etiquette posting.... the
guidelines are in there.

Tim
2000 4X4 CC 4.7

> Yeah, I usually delete messages from people that complain,
moan and bitch about things posted here-- and are the one's
that typically don't contribute to the list whatsoever.

> Hey, that's sounds so familiar!
> > >
> > > One more time: JUST DELETE THE POST AND MOVE ON!!!

posting. But I don't

--- snippity doo da day