Dakota in snow - need repairs!!!

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 12:05:51 EST

Ok, so driving to work today on some new snow, spun the Dakota out and put
her into a ditch :(

Damage wasn't extensive, couldn't tell if there was body damage, so I got it
towed back at the house, waiting for the snow to melt off before I dig into
it... but here's what I know has to be replaced.

Valiance for front bumper - Bumper looks in good condition, but dirty at
the moment. Cannot tell if it's bent or not
Radiator - Got pushed back a little bit, which I think this is part of the
problem of the fan

Anything I need to be looking at for what the radiator may have pushed into?
I saw that the lower part of the fan shroud was torn away (about a 10" piece
I think, very bottom section).. I have not been able to locate what is
cause the fan not to turn though. The belts are turning fine, but I do get
a bit of squeak or rattle, not sure what from yet. Might be a good time to
get an electric fan.. I know there's been some disagreements on which are
good and which aren't, but I want some more info here :-) Also wondering
if some mounts got bent or anything like that. I did run the truck to
drive it off the hwy after getting it towed out, and except for the squeak,
it ran fine. Radiator or a line is leaking, get that checked out later..

Also: Good place to get radiator? Junkyard probably won't have this late
of a Dodge Dakota, so time to go aftermarket I guess..]

Oh yeah, I'm fine too.... I was probably doing about 10-15mph when I hit
the ditch.. It was sitting in the ditch kindof in the air.. with 1 of the
front wheels holding it up, and resting on the rear bumper....

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L