Re: Re: Dakota in snow - need repairs!!!

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 17:14:38 EST

> Ok, update here. Got the front bumper off. The A/C Condensor is toast,
but
> not leaking. The housing for it is also broken and pulled away from the
> frame... in fact, only thing holding it in right now is a hose. Radiator
> has a small leak I believe and is bent (leaks a tiny bit when engine is
> running, minimal amount). So, what I need to know is this: Where would
be
> a good place to get a condensor and the mounting hard-plastic for it, or
> should I just let the A/C shop handle all of that once I get the rest
fixed
> (but not sure how well I can mount it once I get the rest fixed). If I
pick
> up a condensor, I won't put it in, just have it for the A/C shop so they
can
> take care of it.
>
> My deductable on my insurance is $500.. Figure bumper is going to run me
> $150-$200, not sure for the radiator and Condensor, and I think that's all
> I'm going to be in for. Everything else looks good. The Fan shroud will
> need to be replaced as well because it's cracked and pushing into the
Crank
> Pulley a little bit (that was my squeak), and I assume once I get the
> radiator and fan pulled forward, the fan will work (crossing-fingers).
>
> Input pllllleassse?? :-)
>
> Ken Allgood

Well Ken, that all depends on wether you'd rather just shell out a tad more
now, or call your insurance and shell out more over time. Also, if you call
your insurance make sure that they won't count that accidtne against you. I
have SF and if I were to hit a deer they would not hold it against me and
not raise my payments either. Now if I drove into a ditch (done that too -
accident avoidence tactic) they did get me there. My payments did rise each
month...What's worth it to you? Most companies only give you a set # of
claims before you're dropped.......

--
-Josh
2000 Dakota CC 3.9L