(no subject)

From: biokiller@ameritech.net
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 08:15:42 EST

)
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 07:17:13 -0600
From: Tom Buban <biokiller@ameritech.net>
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
CC: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
Subject: Re: DML: books/info about solid axle suspensions?

Jon-

Go here http://swayaway.com/Suspension%20Frameset.htm This is all the
math part of it.

As for a coilover set up. I put a 3 link on the front of my truck. You
can have a 4 or 5 link to. but that's when you have to watch for binding.
On a 3 link, the links stop the axle from rotating, and then you have a
track bar that keeps the axle from moving from side to side. If you put
a 4 or 5 link on, you could get ride of the track bar, and the upper
links need t obe triangulated in so to stop axle movement from side to side.
You can put the links pretty much anywhere, you just need to watch
binding. It is best if you have a fork lift to check this out.

Tom