Re: Dak died, now it won't start

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 22:55:09 EST

Gregg wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I started my truck to let it run since I had not driven it in a week or so.
> I started it up and it idled for about 2 or 3 minutes, then it just died.
> Now it won't start. It cranks over, it just won't start. It is a 92 V6
> with 94k miles. Original fuel pump and fuel filter.
>
> I checked all the fuses, cleaned the battery terminals, checked the plugs
> and wires. The fuel pump relay is ticking and the ASD relay is ticking when
> I crank the motor, so those seem to be working. I hear a tick from the gas
> tank area, but no whirring sound like the pump is pressurizing. I also
> released the pressure on the system, it squirted out about 1/2 a teaspoon of
> fuel underpressure, then nothing. I cranked the engine and retested the
> test port, and no fuel came out.
>
> I live in an apartment complex and have no way of dropping the tank to
> replace the fuel pump, I will have to take it to the dealer. Is it worth
> throwing a new fuel filter on (never been changed) and seeing if that works?
> How much is it roughly to have the pump replaced at a dealer for those that
> have had it done? I was thinking about buying a pump at napa and just
> having the dealer install it. Trying to save a few bucks on the mark up of
> the pump and diagnostic costs.
>
> Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.
>
> thanks.
>
> Gregg
> 92 V6

hows your weather?
it could just be frozen.

if the fuel filter is same as an 88
then its easy, inside the frame rail
under the drivers door.

--

emails with attachments are deleted, only plain text email is accepted Update: ken@kencofish.com is the new email address.

http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold, 401-781-9642 Importer/Exporter of Goldfish,Koi,rare Predators Shipping to legal states/countries only! Permalon liners, Oase & Supreme Pondmaster pumps

make a no-cost donation to save the rain forrests here http://rainforest.care2.com/welcome?w=981743017

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.