Was: A little chilly NOW: Remote starter in 5 Speed

From: Eric Jerman (ejerman69@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 23:13:15 EST

Bypassing the clutch is simple...you have to jump the two wires above the
clutch pedal... that's it. Basically you can start the vehicle without your
foot on the clutch pedal. I did mine with an inline fuse just for kicks.
Other than that it's pretty simple. There are other ways that you can hook
them up...so that the vehicle will not remote start unless the parking brake
is set...and you can also put some kind of switch in the shifter console so
that it will only start when in neutral...but I'm not sure how to do that.
I put a viper 550 ESP (alarm/remote starter) in my truck. Just a remote
starter itself is not so hard, but when you get into adding door locks and
stuff it can get complicated.
If you want more info email me offline and I can give you specifics...