Re: Re: To SUV or not to SUV the is the question?

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 12:51:20 EST

raymond.irons@gm.com wrote:

> <snip> I'll
> have to see if I can change my plates so that I can drive on LSD (Lake
> Shore
> Drive--no trucks, I've been ticketed before) without worrying every time I
> see a police car...
>
> HUH?????!!!! Everytime I see a sign that says "No Trucks", I have always
> been taught that means no commercial vehicles, ie Tractor Trailers, dump
> trucks, delivery vehicles. If I were to drive my Dakota on that road and
> got a ticket, I'd go to court screaming bloody murder. How can anyone
> restrict a legally registered personal vehicle from a public road? You pay
> taxes, everytime you buy gas you pay a tax that goes into keeping roads up
> and for new road construction. You have as much right to drive on that road
> as anyone else.
>
> Ray Irons
> Dover, DE

a pickup usually has comm. plates and is subject
to the heavy truck laws.
if you have pass. plates on a pickup you can get
fined if you carry anything in the bed (wierd huh?)

we have "combination plates" here in New England,
makes the pickup part truck/part car.
they let you drive on pass. car only roads and
parkways also.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold, 401-781-9642

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.