Re: Gen2 Front CV Shaft Replacement (Update)

From: David Henry (DML@HenryWeb.net)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 23:44:47 EST

Going on the faith that the DML is always right, I stopped off at Sears to
get a 1 1/4" socket. Unfortunatly they were out of 3 foot breaker bars, so
I had to settle for my 18 incher. Good news is the socket fit and I only
needed to jump up and down on the bar for a few minutes to get it loose.

Now the bad news, and more DML advice. Are the left and right front shafts
different lengths? I didn't have any trouble getting the old one out, but I
can't get the new one in. I compared and they don't really look like
they're the same size. It's kinda hard to tell as the old inner CV joint
telescopes in and out when I move the shaft around. I also fout and part
number on the flage and the replacement is different than the original. It
does hower, match the one on the other side of the truck. Not a good sign.
I have a feeling I'll be back in the parts hunt tomorrow.

David

94' CC Sport 4x4; V8, 5sd, Lifted BFG 33" MT; Plow