Update on Dakota Dmg - Radiator

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 19:48:35 EST

Ok, so I got the Radiator out tonight, and I might add, it's a PITA to
remove (hoses everywhere)!!!!! Here's some pics of the damage:

http://members.cox.net/kenallgood/dakota/Pic14.jpg
http://members.cox.net/kenallgood/dakota/Pic15.jpg

Looks like the fan blades dug into it a little bit, which explains where my
leak was coming from after I put it in the ditch. Blades appear to be O.K.
to me. Got some of the radiator metal shavings off of one of the blades,
but that was it. I'm wondering if the radiator is going to be
repairable???? Guess I'll get it to a shop in another day or 2.. It's
slightly bent, but not much. Most damage is from the blades... So, so
far, this is what I got going on...

A/C Condensor- $70 shipped new, should be shipped in another day or so I
hope
Front chrome bumper/valance - $175 shipped new. Get that probably in about
2 weeks
Have to go order the fan shroud ($38) and mounts for the A/C Condensor and
lower mounts for the radiator.

The little mini-radiator thing mounted to the front of the radiator is the
trans cooler i'm assuming, and the red fluid coming out when I pulled the
hoses is ATF??? so I should probably just make sure I top off my ATF level
when I get everything back together? Anything else I should double check
for damage? Frame looks ok, but will get checked out professionsally.
Something I need to watch for with the Fan there?? Thanks for all the help.
I'm hoping to be back up in 2 weeks time (depending on when I get the front
bumper). Hopefully, by the time I get the bumper, only thing left will be
to mount it back on and I'm good to go.

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L (in pieces in garage now)