Re: AAR Fiberglass, Poor Customer Services

From: Steve Feiler (stcr@lvcm.com)
Date: Sat Jan 25 2003 - 00:32:24 EST

The reason I have a Suncoast Creations Ram Air hood on my truck and not an
AAR Cuda hood is because of AAR's poor customer service. I liked both hoods
but leaned towards the AAR because of price. I contacted AAR and spoke to
them about getting a price quote on the hood and also a custom roll pan with
billet inserts for Dodge Dakotas. I was told that the roll pan idea sounded
really good and that they would probably make a batch of them rather than
just one, and that I would receive a quote over the phone shortly. I
contacted AAR five times over the span of a month and was blown off each
time, claiming that "I'll read the e-mails tonight and get back to you
tomorrow" in order to examine the specs and give me a quote for the
hood/roll pan. After the 5th call they closed up shop for 2 weeks to attend
some events and that's the last time I ever bothered trying to call. They
never bothered to call or e-mail me with the hood quote or even a simple
"sorry we're too busy for a project like this". There's nothing that pisses
me off more than a business who says they're going to call me back and then
fails to follow through, and since they failed to even give me a hood quote
I took my business elsewhere.

The same thing happened when I bought my R/T... I had a 01 BK CC R/T picked
out from a dealership in Phoenix while visiting family, and was attempting
to arrange all of the paperwork remotely from Las Vegas when all of a sudden
the sales manager completely blew me off, claiming he could call me back in
a couple of hours to seal the deal. Hours turned into days, days turned
into a week, and every time I called I was told "he'll call me right back".
Wrong answer. Needless to say the general manager wasn't too thrilled with
this sales manager when I drove my spanking new 01 SV CC R/T I bought the
next day from a rival dealership up to their front door and explained what
happens when customers get ignored.

- Steve
http://www.dakota-durango.com