Re: Fuel tank capacity

From: Gary Hedlin (ghedlin@theramp.net)
Date: Sat Jan 25 2003 - 01:02:31 EST

HEHE... i've done that a few times in the past...

On the fuel tanks, heres an interesting tidbit... The true capacity is
always a galon or two more than the printed capactity. The reason why is
for idiots like us who push our luck every once in a while. Also the fuel
guage is calibrated to have a little less than what is in there. So even if
your on E, youve still got a gallon or two.

Just don't push your luck :)

Gary Hedlin

in article 0F45A7A5E62CD211B8CC0008C7A402F013BCD4E5@ftwntexmp002.bnsf.com,