RE: FULL gravity bleed (was: How to put new rowders and break pad s on my)

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Sun Jan 26 2003 - 03:02:06 EST

>Open all the bleeder screws and let it drip via gravity. Not very
>effective though...use the brake fluid in a bottle with hose and pump
>the brakes to remove air in the lines. Best method - power-bleeder.
>
>- - Bernd

Thanks for the info. I did that when I replaced the rotors and pad last
year. I picked up at AZ (I think) a brake bleeder thing. Its a short hose
with a check valve and it hooks up to the bleeder on the brakes. This way
when the brakes are pumped, no fluid is pulled back into the system from the
jar. Fluid is added to the reservoir as needed before it sucks in air. I
wasn't sure of the term "FULL gravity bleed" Now I got it! Thanks again!

Don Mallett
Y2K QC 4.7L Auto SLT+
http://Geocities.com/maldbnsf/
http://www.dakota-truck.net/profiles/dakota/QwkvWz@DAJFf6/profile.htm