Truck won't rev

From: Danny Burrows (havenx@ksni.net)
Date: Sun Jan 26 2003 - 23:08:38 EST

    I need to know if anyone has possible solutions for my prob. Could
be the TPS but it worked when I took it off. Okay, I took everything off
my 8/xx/90 pre mag Dakota. Its a 91 model. I then put it all on a genI
frame cause I am too cheap to buy a new truck. Okay I put it all back
together and it won't rev over 3grand and has no power what so ever
pretty much. I'm thinkin because it was fine when I took it apart that
perhaps I put something togther wrong maybe. The egines itself was not
apart. I just took all the engine and body off it and put it on a genI
frame. I am getting ready to put the drive shaft in (as soon as I find
one that came off a 3speed auto short bed of 87 to 89) I took the lame
A500 out, lol, and I would like it to have enough power to pull its self
and I would like it to go over 30mph.
Danny
http://havenx69.tripod.com