Dakota EGR Question

From: Alan Wasilewski (awazzy@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 01:16:28 EST

Hello All,

Does anyone know the vacuum hose routing to the EGR modulator on a 1995
Dakota with the 2.5L four cylinder engine? I hope I've identified this part
right and/or am calling it by the right name. The modulator (as I am
calling it) is the plastic diaphragm-type part attached to the EGR valve
that has 2 horizontal hose connections on top and one vertical hose
connection on the bottom.

The problem is (if I'm correct) that this part is connected only to the EGR
valve and not to any ported vacuum source. Specifically, the modulator has
hose connections to the base and top of the EGR valve, but the hose
connection on the modulator that points at the throttle body doesn't connect
to anything: it's open. My limited understanding of this system tells me
this isn't right; however, I couldn't find any "stray" vacuum ports to
connect this open fitting to.

Anyone know what this missing link is? Normally I would just bite the
bullet and buy a manual; but, I have to retest the truck for emissions
tomorrow. (Failed for high NOx, usually indicative of high combustion
chamber temps I am told, and I am betting this is somehow related.) Thanks
in advance for any help.

Alan