(no subject)

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 18:04:50 EST

One word: OPEC

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of
John_Neff@Dell.com
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 10:15 AM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: DML:

Too bad your analogy is totally flawed. Dino juice is just as high tech
in the lab as synthetic oil is. I think we are all in agreement that a
pure synthetic base motor oil is better than dino as far as protection,
but the difference isn't that much. If dino was that bad, and engineered
by half wits as you contend, why has it been good enough to keep heavy
industrial engines on the road for over a million miles? Why don't we
seen oil related failures in far more engines than we do?

Agreed, that changing the oil regularly is more important than the
specific brand, but using your analogy to determine what to use is a
laugh. If you really care about what oil you put in your engine, you
will have the used oil analyzed on a schedule so you can be sure it's
doing it's job instead of simply reading the marketing information
published by the oil company. If the oil which shows the least
contaminent content happens to be the $.50/quart jug on the discount
shelf, would you still avoid it just because brand X says it's junk?

just my .02
John
http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/dakota.html

<snip> Here's my analogy of oils. Synthetic is engineered by people with
IQ's over 80 to run in a engine... but dino oil is just what some inbred
hillbilly finds while out hunting. What would you put in your $20,000.00
truck knowing that??? <unsnip>