Re: Front End Clunk (AGAIN!)

From: Matt Grose (mgrose@ameritech.net)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 00:50:14 EST

Bob,

I also had a problem with the ProComp 9000's. I broke 6 lower shock bolts
in 11 months. Replaced the shocks and broke 4 more so I replaced the shocks
with Monroe Sesnatracs. Haven't had a problem since. Mine was a 97, you and
I are the only two on the list I know that have problems with the
ProComp's. I also suspect something else is going on with the suspension.
Maybe you will be able to find it. I wish you luck.

At 10:53 AM 1/26/2003 -0800, you wrote:

>Hey, DML!
> It's baaaaaaaaaack! The mysterious front-end-clunk has returned.
>(un)Fortunately, I know exactly what to look for...Goll darn lower driver's
>side shock bolt...sumbitch broke again! Left about 6 threads + the nut I
>modified last time in the lower suspension arm. I even used a larger (Grade
>8) bolt & I hadda put a nut on it, cuz I couldn't remove the remainder of
>the OEM bolt last time (LOCTITE!), so I drilled it a tad oversize, & ground
>the nut to fit into the gap between the mounting boss & the rest of the
>forging. So....gotta go remove the wheel, drive the remaining pieces out &
>reinsert another Grade 8 bolt....Is it the ProComps fighting the DAKSY's
>suspension or our local Grade 8's an inferior product?
>
>OFF TOPIC:
>
>GO RAYDHAS! JUST WIN BAYBEEE!!!!!
>
>Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM
>(in full Raider Nation regalia & FACE PAINT!)
>Averill Park, NY
>2K DAK SY Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed
>
>WebPage URL: http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/

-Matt Grose