Re: Hertz vs Thrifty..what a joke!

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 03:24:45 EST

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> Hmmm, my experience has always been the reverse. In general,
> Hertz is a collosal rip-off and is infamous for poor customer
> service. Thrifty and Dollar seem to generally have the best
> rates whenever I've checked. (The fact that they both rent
> Chrysler products is a nice bonus.) :-) I would hate to have to drive
> around in something like a Taurus or a Crown Vic but I'd do it
> to save a buck. Last time I flew to Florida to visit my brother
> and help him with some home repairs, I got a Super Doodie (F150) from
> Budget because they ran out of Rangers. It was actually decent,
> though it was hard to tell it had a V8. ;-) Only reason I
> ended up with Budget is because none of the others seem to rent
> pickups; they do have vans, but the prices are horrendus and
> they don't like it when you remove the seats. :-)
>
> Anyway, I will be visiting him again shortly and have a PT
> Cruiser reserved through Thrifty - $250 for the whole week with
> unlimited mileage.

Never rented from Hurts or Thirsty before. Budget I've rented from
before - believ eit or not they are a little bit cheaper. When I went
out to Jon's for Daktoberfest - I went with Dollar - very pleased with
them - the Intrepid I rented was wonderful - I LOVE that car. I still
want to buy one (I'm waiting to see what the new full size platform has
to offer) The last time I rented was the week before I bought the
Jeep... rented from Enterprise - got a brand new 2003 Chevy Cavalier.
(almost got a Neon, but someone rented it right before me!) It is an
economy car and didn't pretend to be anything accept one. Was great on
gas mileage - and the engine had more power than I would have expected
from a chevy 4 banger - I was impressed with its pep. But that was all
it had going for it. Interior was cramped - controls are akward and
forget about trying to adjust the climate controls with a drink in the
cup holder.

But Enterprise seemed to be a good deal - customer service was good. I
liked Dollar better.

Terrible Tom

"It's a living thing... It breathes, it eats, ...and it hates..."

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa) Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name: SilverEightynine Yahoo Messenger: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/