Re: Tonneau Cover

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 06:58:32 EST

FWIW: Over the past few days we have been a bit on the chilly side here in
Delaware. I have a tool box on the back of my truck and the Extang tool box
tonno. It uses the same rail and snap set up as the black max, just the
rails and bows, etc. are brushed aluminum. Two days ago, a friend asked me
to help him bring home some bales of straw to put outside his home to help
keep the pipes from freezing. I said no problem, I figured he was only
going to get 1 or 2 bales. Turns out when we got to the farm store, he was
getting six bales. So I had to roll up my tonno to get all of them in the
back of the truck. Outside temps were about 15-20 degrees. Since I had
undone the tonno back around Thanksgiving, I had already turned the snap
slides around to the looser position. Even with the temp that low and the
wind chill around zero, I had no problems re-snapping the cover. All I had
to do was set the bows to the lower notch and snap down the back corners
first. It took me no more then 5 minutes to get it all re-secured. I have a
friend that has a different brand of tonno on his truck and he has told me
that in the past, if he removes his tonno during the winter, it either
stays off till spring or he has to wait until a warm day in winter to get
it back on. I think you will be very happy with the Extang tonno, I know I
am.

Ray Irons
Dover, DE