Re: 2003 Chicago Auto Show DML Meet

From: Nospiratus@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 03 2003 - 22:57:24 EST

May I make a suggestion as to the meeting place for the Chicago Auto Show.

As it would happen, I actually work at McCormick Place in the Exhibitor
Services side of shows. And wouldn't you just know it that in addition to
being assigned to Mitsubishi, BMW, Volkswagen, Porsche, Bentley, Audi, and
Hyundai, I was given the entire Daimler/ Chrysler Booth!!! (I wonder how I
got that Booth?) The show begins to move-in this thursday but doesn't open
until Valentine's Day. Something you may or may not know about the Auto Show
is that the night before it is scheduled to open there is a Black Tie event
where the who's who of the City of Chicago, including Mayor Daley and all the
major players from the automakers have about a five hour reception including
dinner, speeches and press events. Last year, I was looking over the Ram
SRT-10 when two gentlemen wearing Ford corporate badges walked by on their
way to the large yellow Ford Tonka Truck and mumbled to eachother that that
thing (The SRT Ram) blows their Lightning away. I wish I caught their names
and got it on tape because its so unbelieveable. Anyway. to make a long story
short, the best place to meet at McCormick Place (due to the heavy attendee
traffic) would be the tables and chairs across from the Starbucks on Level
2.5 near the business center. It tends to be the most un-congested area
during the show. If you guys let me know what day/time you'll be there I
could possibly expedite your entrance to the show. Drop me an email and let
me know.