rear-end shopping

From: Gabriel A. Couriel (BigGabe@fiufiji.com)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 20:55:14 EST

for those of you who have upgraded the rear-ends on your trucks...

where did you purchase the gears and LSD, and for how much? i am going to
be pulling the trigger on this mod in the coming weeks and need to know
where to get the best deal. i called Randy's Ring and Pinion, and the
lowest price i got was $425 for the stock unit w/ gears or $600 for the
trac-loc w/ gears. i think these are good prices, but i need to know if
anyone has gotten them for cheaper.

also, what was the average price for the install? i've already been quoted
$400 from my mechanic (which i promptly laughed at), and a friend of mine
told me about a shop that can do it for $150. again, what are the prices
that you all have gotten for this install.

thanks,

Gabe Couriel
http://frontpage.tripod.com/fijigabe0

Doing my best to cure ignorance since 1980!

---
1998 Dodge Dakota Club Cab
239ci V6 - 175hp
5 speed - AX15
8.25 Rear-end w/ 3.21 open differential (soon to be 3.92 LSD!)

- Modifications -

Performance: Homemade Cold Air Intake, Flowmaster 40 Cat-back Exhaust, Autolite 3923 Spark Plugs, Mopar Performance 7.5mm Spark Plug Wires, Mobil 1 15W50 Synthetic Motor Oil w/ Mopar Performance Oil Filter.

Audio: Sony Mobile CDX 4180 AM/FM CD Player (40Watt x 4 Channel), Sony Xplod XS-R1610 6½ 3-Way Speakers (160 Total Watts)