RE: Serpentine belt

From: Gabriel A. Couriel (BigGabe@fiufiji.com)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 00:51:37 EST

i swapped mine out at about 36000 miles. they are easy to do. i think the
consensus is the goodyear gatorbacks.

Gabe Couriel
http://frontpage.tripod.com/fijigabe0

Doing my best to cure ignorance since 1980!

---
1998 Dodge Dakota Club Cab
239ci V6 - 175hp
5 speed - AX15
8.25 Rear-end w/ 3.21 open differential

- Modifications -

Performance: Homemade Cold Air Intake, Flowmaster 40 Cat-back Exhaust, Autolite 3923 Spark Plugs, Mopar Performance 7.5mm Spark Plug Wires, Mobil 1 15W50 Synthetic Motor Oil w/ Mopar Performance Oil Filter.

Audio: Sony Mobile CDX 4180 AM/FM CD Player (40Watt x 4 Channel), Sony Xplod XS-R1610 6½ 3-Way Speakers (160 Total Watts)

-----Original Message----- From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net [mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net]On Behalf Of Eric Jerman Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 12:15 AM To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net Subject: DML: Serpentine belt

Hey DML, What's the average life span of the serpentine belt on a 3.9L? Just curious because I think I have been pushing my luck with mine. I have 74,500 miles on my dak and today I got a god awful squawk from the engine comp. when I started her up for work. So, I'm assuming it's the belt first. Then go from there if that doesn't fix it. What do they run and where is the best place to pick them up? TIA Eric Jerman

_________________________________________________________________ STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail