Re: Re: Tire suggestions

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 22:11:39 EST

At 08:53 PM 2/6/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>Bill Pitz wrote:
>
>>Next time I'm buying the full set of 5 and rotating the spare in. I'm
>>also not going to get white letters next time. I'm always scrubbing the
>>grime off of them so they actually look white. And I scuffed two of them
>>the other day pulling an a**hole maneuver to get around some people who
>>were waiting in the straight line but partially blocking the right turn
>>lane. Anyone tried any of that stuff to fix your white letters? Does it
>>work worth anything?
>
>I've used Westley's Bleche-White with good results. FYI, the tires always
>come w/ white letters - but only one side. When you get them mounted,
>just ask for the white side to be in. You can probably go to a tire shop
>and ask them to flip your current set for a small fee.

Yea, I did notice the non-white letter side facing in. I'm sure that the
tire shop would flip them for me. But for the time being, I think I've
restored them pretty well. It looks like the scuffs really were just on
the surface and my tire brush just wasn't abrasive enough to take the
scuffs off. Today I used a wire brush and very lightly brushed the
letters, which got them looking like almost new. I might try the
Bleche-White just to give them an extra kick, though.

-Bill

--
Bill Pitz <dakota@billpitz.com>
'00 Dakota CC SLT 4x4