Re: Re: Tire suggestions

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 10:10:05 EST

I like Clorox "Soft-scrub." It bleaches the white parts easily and cleans
the black without discoloration. I just squirt a little of the stuff on
the scrub brush that I use on the tires, run it over the letters and then
hose it off. Works fine.

Richard
On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 08:20:39 -0600 "Josh Battles"
<jbattles@bankfinancial.com> writes:

> Formula 409 and a steel wool pad or hard bristled toothbrush works
> very well
> also, just try to minimize getting the 409 on the black part,
> sometimes it
> can discolor the rubber.
>
> --
> -Josh
> 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L
>

> "Bill Pitz" <dakota@billpitz.com> wrote in message

> in. I'm
> scrubbing the
> two of
> them
> people who
> right turn
> Does
> it
> > >
> > >I've used Westley's Bleche-White with good results. FYI, the
> tires
> always
> > >come w/ white letters - but only one side. When you get them
> mounted,
> > >just ask for the white side to be in. You can probably go to a
> tire shop
> > >and ask them to flip your current set for a small fee.
> >

> > Yea, I did notice the non-white letter side facing in. I'm sure
> that the
> > tire shop would flip them for me. But for the time being, I think
> I've
> > restored them pretty well. It looks like the scuffs really were
> just on
> > the surface and my tire brush just wasn't abrasive enough to take
> the
> > scuffs off. Today I used a wire brush and very lightly brushed
> the
> > letters, which got them looking like almost new. I might try the
> > Bleche-White just to give them an extra kick, though.
> >
> > -Bill
> > --
> > Bill Pitz <dakota@billpitz.com>
> > '00 Dakota CC SLT 4x4