Re: Extended warranties anyone???

From: Kevin Sellstrom (ksellstr@softcom.net)
Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 14:47:59 EST

I just paid $340 to have our truck Rhino lined (the last truck was
Line-X'd). It is excellent, will never create the rust issues of drop-ins,
and works much better IMO.

As for extended warranties, be careful! My brother works for Chrysler and
has plenty of stories of bad deals w/aftermarket companies. They are
basically just insurance companies and as such have the same hassles as
say, an auto insurance co. or an HMO, and some are better than
others. Many have a lot of limitations in fine print that make them
worthless 75% of the time. The dealer/repair shop sometimes can word
things (read: stretch/fudge/etc) just right to get some things through but
there are still more denied claims than with DC. The DC warranty seems to
be pretty inclusive as far as I can tell. Most DC Dealerships of course
know how to work with them and, and they guarantee Mopar quality (some of
the aftermarket warranties specify the cheapest parts available).

Congrats on the new rig!!!

Kevin

At 12:43 AM 2/7/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>Tony Troidl wrote:
>>they want $300 for a under the rail liner too! Last one I paid $99 for in
>>'97... so I'll be looking for a aftermarket liner also...
>
>Skip the plastic liners and go for a spray-in. A little more expensive
>but IMO much better. I have plastic in my '99 but the '03 will go for a
>spray-in within the first week or 2 I have it.

Kevin Sellstrom, W6KTB E-Mail:ksellstr@softcom.net
             ***Wilton, California***

'99 Dodge Dakota CC, 4x4, 5.2,
'69 Dodge D200, 4x2, 318,

Also: '83 Volvo 244Ti, '85 Volvo 244, '68 Volvo 122S, '98 Specialized
Rockhopper A1FS