Re: Extended warranties anyone???

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sat Feb 08 2003 - 01:09:33 EST

At 10:17 PM 2/7/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>Punch wrote:
>>""Tony Troidl"" <ttroidl@bluefrognet.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>Thanks, I'll post some pics next week!
>>
>>don't these spay ons add about 100lbs to the truck?
>Sounds more than a little exaggerated when you consider that Herculiner
>comes in a paint can and can be carried with one hand - and it only takes
>a gallon or two to take care of most trucks. Even if some of the liquid
>didn't evaporate when the stuff dries, it wouldn't be 100lbs.

Not 100 lbs. Probably not much more than a plastic liner. Essentially
it's plastic that gets sprayed on and then hardens/seals onto the metal of
the truck.

Even if it did weigh 100 lbs, it'd be worth it to me. Drop-ins aren't
exactly featherweight and they a.) beat the paint underneath to high hell
and b.) obscure access to tie-downs.

After 2 and a half years on my '00, the area underneath my drop-in liner
was almost completely free of paint. Saved the spray-in people some time I
guess... :)

-Bill