Re: Upgrades: M1 intake and/or headers

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 11 2003 - 21:25:55 EST

    I would suggest the M1 2bbl intake, I made the mistake of getting headers
first and was very disappointed with the torque loss on the 5.2, Jon Steiger
had some has some dyno numbers for the M1 but they are for the 4bbl with an
adapter, the 2bbl should do even better. The stock exhaust manifolds flow
extremely well for stock and shouldn't be replaced with headers until you
have complete head, intake, and cam mods to take advantage of the higher
powerband.

Just my 2 cents

John S

P.S. Not sure where the best place to buy one is. I got mine from another
DML'r

95 2wd cc hughes 390 stroker (blueprinted and balanced), Hughes stage 2 TB,
mp M1 2bbl, hughes roller rockers, hughes 2228 cam, progear DR timing chain,
Hughes stage 2 R/T heads,gibson exhaust 3" pipe no cat),MSD wires and coil,
2400 stall custom bracket fighter convertor, APS engineering tranny
(blueprinted and balanced), Auburn LSD, 4.10 gears, superior axles, R/T
wheels with 285/40 rears.