RE: Which Torque Converter?

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 12:54:29 EST

James, what year is your truck? The MP catalog lists the P4876947 for years
1967 - 1995, and yes, that would be for the 46RH. Unless you do a lot of
towing, you might want to consider the 166K converter. My stock '92
stalled at 2200 and I've been using a 2400 stall for many years. It's not
even noticeable in any kind of driving. But then, I don't tow anything
either. :-)

By the way, the MP A-518 trans differs from your stock one not only by
lacking the hole for the crank sensor, but also in that it is a non-lockup
transmission. If you bought that, you would need to use a non-lockup
converter as well and your overdrive would need to be manually controlled.
The tranny comes with a wiring harness and instructions.

RayB